Please read carefully our terms of booking and cancellation policy!
Tourist Agency Lana with its headquarters at Od Maslinate 2, 20000 Dubrovnik, Croatia, MB 97094595, OIB: 58445969615 (hereinafter: the Agency), guarantees the authenticity of the displayed visual and written data related to the characteristics of the accommodation unit in their offer, available at www.lav.com.hr as well as the authenticity of the conditions under which they are offered.
The laws and other regulations of Republic of Croatia, as well as the law of the European Union applicable in the Republic of Croatia, are applied as the governing law for these “Terms of booking”:
• By using this website, you accept and agree that this is a fair balance because the website is available to you, free of charge.
• If there are any parts of these terms, including the disclaimer, with which you do not agree, please do not use our services.
• Any possible changes to these Terms will be published exclusively on this website, and the change will be previously decided exclusively by designated authorities within Agency.
- By making the reservation for one or more accommodation units or services from the Agency’s program, the Guest enters a legal relationship with the Agency and confirms to accept the General Terms of booking. These are the basis for resolving any possible disputes between the Guest and the Agency. The Guest is advised to carefully read Terms of booking before the advance payment of deposit amount or full service amount.
When you visit our website, contact us via it, send us an e-mail or contact us by telephone, you communicate with us electronically, i.e. you express your will to enter into an electronic form of communication with Agency.
We use the electronic form of communication to provide you with all notices and announcements, especially, to help you with your arrival and stay in the selected villa. We also use is to answer all your questions or provide you with the requested service.
|Program “FLEXIBLE TERMS OF CANCELLATION COVID-19” |
Due to the pandemic caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus or COVID-19 disease, we are all witnessing many business challenges, especially in terms of contracting and cancelling Accommodation.
In order to facilitate your decision on contracting Accommodation in the future, i.e., to plan your vacation on the Adriatic coast as carefree as possible, we have introduced the program “Flexible cancellation conditions COVID-19” which contains special cancellation conditions.
These special cancellation conditions of Accommodation apply only to villas whose owners have agreed to enter the program “Flexible cancellation conditions COVID-19”. Whether a villa is in the mentioned program is clearly indicated on the part of our website that refers to the villa in question. It is blue badge with the inscription Flexible cancellation due to Covid-19 will be visible. The program applies only to reservations made after February 10, 2021.
In the event that you contract Accommodation for any period during 2021, we will allow you to cancel and transfer the term of use of Accommodation to any other available term in the villa in question until 31 December 2022, in the following situations:
•Closing the borders – the Republic of Croatia or the country of your residence or stay;
•Prescribed quarantine / self-isolation or mandatory testing obligations upon return to the country of your residence.
The right to cancel or transfer the term of use of the Accommodation will not be recognized in other situations, including, but not limited to situations such as:
1. Flight cancellation or any other mode of transport;
2. Self-isolation / disease / exposure to SARS-CoV-2 virus;
3. Recommendations of the country of your residence or stay on not going on a trip, i.e., without an explicit ban;
4. Travel bans by the employer.
In case of cancellation of the agreed Accommodation in accordance with the above conditions, Agency will issue you a cancellation voucher which you can use to book or contract another term of Accommodation in the value of the advance payment. The cancellation certificate can be used until 31 December 2022, i.e., new Accommodation can be contracted until 31 December 2022. Please note that the cancellation certificate can only be used for the villa in which the Accommodation was cancelled. The cancellation certificate is not exchangeable for money.
If the total amount of the new term of the Accommodation is less than the value of the cancellation certificate, the difference in the amount is not refundable.
If the total amount of the new term of the Accommodation is higher than the value of the cancellation certificate, the difference in the amount must be paid extra.
The cancellation certificate or the new date of use of the Accommodation can be used only once. Any subsequent change of the term of the Accommodation is subject to the existing cancellation conditions, which are in force in “normal” circumstances and which are determined by these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is inconsistent with the Special Conditions for Cancellation of Accommodation during a COVID-19 Pandemic, the provisions of this Chapter shall prevail.
1. Choice Of Accommodation Unit And Creating The Reservation Request
Please, choose the accommodation unit at our web page. Read the description of the accommodation unit carefully. The description contains all the basic information, including the number of guests, number of bedrooms, the available facilities, the price included in the renting of the accommodation unit, distance from the sea, beach and other information.
Please, press the button of Booking inquire located in the upper right corner of each page of a particular property or simply send us a request via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will go over your request and send you our offer via e-mail within 24 hours. Following the wishes of the client, we will also offer advice and offer other additional options of accommodation units which are available for reservation for your desired vacation period. Please send us the confirmation for the chosen accommodation unit via email: email@example.com and state the date and the name (or the link) of the accommodation unit. If necessary, you can contact us via telephone. We will give you all the necessary information, but the final reservation confirmation should be sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Advance Payment and Reservation Confirmation by the client
After the guest confirms their accommodation choice, the company will sent the guest an e-mail estimate for the advance payment which will amount to 20 – 40% of the total renting price. The percentage of the advance payment depends on the type of accommodation and the terms stated by the owner of the accommodation unit. The advance payment estimate is valid even without the signature and the stamp as a product of electronic communication.
Payment of the advance should be done by the client within 2 working days. All banking costs, as well as all other additional costs connected to the payment procedure are to be covered by the client.
Please send us a copy of the payment receipt to our e-mail: email@example.com
Since the payment transaction can take from 2 to 7 days the copy of the payment receipt serves us and the owner of the accommodation unit as a reservation confirmation. By completing the advance payment, the Guest confirms that they have read the terms of the reservations and that they understand and agree to those terms which are binding for the Guest and the Company. If within 2 days the Guest does not complete the reservation advance payment, the company will consider the reservation cancelled and they will be free to offer the said accommodation unit to other clients.
3. Reservation Confirmation By The Company
Upon receiving the timely advance payment confirmation for the chosen accommodation unit, the company will, within 2 days, send the Guest a voucher or an invitation letter. The voucher will contain the information on the number of guests, personal information of the guests, the address of the accommodation unit, and the phone number of the accommodation unit owner. The voucher bearing the official logo of the company is valid even without the signature and the stamp as a product of electronic communication. Personal information of the Guest is necessary for the voucher. The company guarantees that the personal information will not be forwarded to third persons, except in the case of completing the reservation.
4. Payment Of Full Price Of Rental
The payment of the full price of the rental to the amount of 60-80% must be completed within 30-60 days prior to the date of arrival to the accommodation unit, depending on the accommodation unit and the reservation rules of the chosen unit (as will be stated in the offer which will be sent to the Guest via e-mail by the company). All banking costs, as well as all other additional costs connected to the payment procedure are to be covered by the client.
5. Deposit Payment For Any Possible Damages
In certain cases, the Guest will be asked to pay the owner of the unit or their representative a deposit for any possible damages to the accommodation unit. If the owner has set the payment of the deposit as a renting condition, the company will inform the guest of this in advance. The deposit amount will be stated in the description of the unit at our web page. On the day of departure full deposit amount will be returned to the Guest if, during their stay, they have caused no damage to the accommodation unit.
6. The price for accommodation included
The price of the accommodation includes the costs of water, gas, electricity, internet, maintenance of the pool and outdoor space, as well as the use of bed linen, towels and kitchen towels, spices and the like. Prices include VAT.
Some villas charge extra for additional services such as final interior cleaning, pool heating, bringing pets, tourist tax, etc. Services that are charged extra will be specifically indicated in the special conditions of each villa or communicated by our staff.
Therefore, when choosing a villa, please familiarize yourself with the services that are not included in the price of the Accommodation.
7. Additional Services
If you want to arrange any additional services such as: private transfer to the accommodation unit, car rental services, boat rental, individual excursions, personal chef, chauffer, nanny or butler please, send us an inquiry at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Agency is responsible for providing services and selecting the service providers, and at the same time caring about the rights and interests of its clients in accordance to the tourism customs. The Agency will fulfill all of the above listed and described obligations, except in extraordinary circumstances that the Agency has no effect.
Limitation and exclusion of Obligations:
Please note that, although you have contracted the Accommodation service with us, Agency in this process acts in the name and on behalf of its partners – the owners of the villas. Therefore, at the time of arranging the Accommodation, you as a guest enter into a contractual relationship with our partner who is obliged to provide you with the Service of Accommodation as requested by you, and in terms of its capabilities that we have presented to you.
Neither Agency (including its affiliates) nor its partners are responsible for the acts or omissions of any government body, their officers or employees, or any employee or agent of airlines, ticket operators, other land carriers, shipping companies or operators, cruise operators or ferries, all carriers, hoteliers or other accommodation providers, all other travel service providers, tour guides, travel agents and / or food and beverage service providers, other goods and services with which you have entered into the time of your stay in the villa from our offer, over which Agency (including its possible branches and related parties) or its partners have no direct control.
Agency is not liable for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay, damage to personal property or other damage related to the provision of any goods or services, whether as a result of, but not limited to, the effects of force majeure, disease, pandemic and epidemic, war crimes, civil unrest, riots, damage caused by animals, strikes or other work activities, any criminal or terrorist activities, overbooking or poor service, food poisoning, mechanical or other failures of aircraft or other means of transport or failure of any other transport mechanism to ensure the timely arrival or departure and any events beyond the control and / or impact of Agency. For example, Agency will not be responsible for the inability to use the Accommodation due to third party decisions and accordingly for the return of any amounts received from the guest nor will it be obliged to ensure a change in the already agreed upon date of the Accommodation. The decision to refund any amounts or change the date at the – already arranged Accommodation – depends on the will of the owner of the villa with which the Accommodation is arranged.
If Agency assisted you in any way in booking a service provider of any transportation or other services, your relationship with such service provider is subject to the terms and conditions imposed on such suppliers regarding matters that cannot be expressly the subject of our contract with them, and in particular the applicable laws, requirements and policies of any government, governmental body or employee, including, visa, entry, exit or transit.
Neither Agency (including its affiliates) nor its partners are responsible for any terms or requirements of any third party that provides you with a particular service during your vacation other than the Accommodation service. If you decide that you do not wish to visit any country or part of the country you intended to visit due to any law, condition or requirement of any government, official or agent, you are solely responsible for all costs and fees, loss or damage incurred as a result as well as any cancellation fees or amended fees.
Agency shall not be liable for any injury, loss, complaint, damage or any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect or consequential damages of any kind (including, but not limited to lost profits) related to the performance or non-performance of any passenger service provider, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, non-enforcement resulting from bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, dissolution, or liquidation of the travel service provider. In the event of non-enforcement resulting from bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation of the travel service provider, your claim should be directed to the travel service provider and not to Agency, its representatives or partners.
Force majeure events:
Agency (including its affiliates) and its partners shall not be liable for any damage and / or delay in providing the Accommodation service caused by force majeure. A force majeure event includes, but is not limited to, act of God, government action, war, political unrest and riots, civil strife, industrial disagreements, labor disputes, strikes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, theft, disease epidemics and pandemics, other diseases, equipment malfunctions or breakdowns, weather conditions, quarantine, medical or customs regulations, technical or administrative problems with transportation, airport closures, ferryboat schedule changes, vehicle failures, water shortages and other changes beyond our control. Agency and its partners are not obliged to provide you with a refund (advance and / or balance, the full amount of the Accommodation) if you cannot use the Accommodation due to force majeure that does not prevent the provision of the Accommodation service.
Currency exchange rates fluctuate. Prices are subject to change based upon currency exchange rate fluctuations, provided actual variations have occurred.
Agency’s right to make changes and cancellations
The Agency holds the right to change and cancel the reservation. The booked accommodation can be changed for another one of the same or higher category only with the prior Guest’s notification. It is always done by the previously agreed price. If the alternative accommodation is available only in the facility of higher quality and the price is more expensive (10%) than the original price, the Agency holds the right to charge the price difference upon consulting the customer. In cases where the alternative accommodation is not an option, the Agency holds the right to cancel the reservation and to inform the Guest about it. In case of cancelling the reservation made by the Agency, the Guest has no right to ask for any compensation, and the Agency is only obligated to refund the amount paid to its account.
- The guests need to provide all the information indispensable for the reservation definition;
- possess valid travel documents;
- provide upon arrival to service provider or Agency representative the passports or ID details for the guest registration in E-Visitor System. The Guests agree that their personal details can be used for registering in E-visitor System. (Guest/s registration in E- Visitor System is obligation of every host by Croatia Low)
- respect the customs and currency regulations of the destination country;
- obey the customs, currency regulations and laws of the Republic of Croatia, as well as those of the transit countries during the journey. In case of the impossibility of arriving at the destination, because of violating these regulations, all costs have to be covered by the offender/the Guest;
- obey the house rules in the accommodation units and kindly cooperate with the service providers;
- The guests need to take good care of the accommodation unit and its property in an appropriate way and respect the terms and conditions of the accommodation unit.
Guest’s right to change and cancel the reservation:
- In case the Guest wants to change or cancel the reservation, it always has to be done in writing (via e-mail). The changes may include: the number of people, names of guests, and/or another date of the holiday beginning or ending. The first reservation change is done without any additional charge, if possible. Each subsequent change will be charged in the amount of 15 euros/change. In case that the reservation change is not possible, and the Guest gives up on the already confirmed reservation, the terms listed below are applied.
- The date when the written cancellation notification is received by the Agency represents the basis for the calculation of all the cancellation charges. In case the written cancellation was not received within the working hours of the Agency, the cancellation date is considered to be the next working day:
- If the Guest cancels the reservation in the 30 days before arrival the total amount of the payment will be refunded to the Guest. The Guest is not obligated to pay remaining amount of the total price. The rest of the full reservation price should be paid upon the offer which the Guest received by the Agency. In case of a late payment, the Agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- If the Guest cancels the reservation after paying the rest of the total price, the money from all deposit payments will not be refunded but the guest can transfer the reservation period to another available date or he/she is allowed to find a new Guest for the same reservation period, if possible (this also always depends on the service provider- owner of accommodation). In this situation, the Agency will charge only the costs incurred because of the reservation changes, i.e. the change of the actual Guest. The new Guest accepts all the obligations written within these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Guest does not check in until midnight on the starting date of the holiday, and does not inform the Agency or the service provider about it, the reservation will be cancelled and the cancellation costs will be calculated as described above. If the actual costs exceed the above listed ones, the Agency holds the right to charge the actual costs.
- In case the Guest is unable to check in on the previously agreed day, and has informed the Agency and/or service provider about it, the accommodation unit is still kept for the Guest, based on the agreement.
- The Agency does not compensate for the cost of the passports or visas of the Guest, related to the cancellation of the Guest’s reservation.
- Cancellation insurance
If the Guest predicts that for some reason he/she might need to cancel the trip, the Agency recommends purchasing cancellation insurance. These insurance premiums calculations are based on the reservation value and are calculated according to the price list of the insurance company.
- Travel insurance
The reservation prices do not include the travel insurance “package”: the insurance against accidents and illness while travelling, insurance against any damage or loss of luggage and health insurance. By confirming the reservation, the Guest choses one of the payment models, and by completing the booking confirmation he/she also accepts these Terms and Conditions. In case the Guest requires additional insurance, it can be arranged directly with one of the insurance companies. We always recommend carefully reading all of the insurance terms before purchasing.
The Agency is not responsible for damaged, destroyed, lost and stolen luggage or valuables in the accommodation unit (renting a safety deposit box is always recommendable, if available, or paying the insurance that includes the lost or stolen luggage problems). The lost or stolen luggage should be reported to the service provider or the Agency representative and to the local police station.
Dealing with complaints
Note: All guests who are visiting the Republic of Croatia must be aware that, according to the Republic of Croatia, the Law on Construction permits external works in the period 01.01 – 15.06 and 01.09 – 31.12.
The Guest is required, upon arrival at the accommodation unit, to check everything together with the service provider. This is important in order to communicate the inadequate service and inform the Agency about all the eventual deficiencies in writing. In that case, all the problems will be solved as soon as possible, at the latest within the period of 2 working days.
If the Guest during his stay has a complaint about the unit or the use of services during his/her stay, the Guest is obligated to inform the service provider or the representative of the Agency, as well as to inform the Agency in writing. All possible problems in the unit will be removed as soon as possible and no later than 2 working days. For any eventual problems that have been resolved, the client has no right to complain, nor the Agency nor the service provider are subject to grounds for complaint. The guest is required to cooperate with the service provider and the Agency in good faith in order to rectify the problem.
If the guest has not made a complaint during his stay, he is deemed to be satisfied and waives the right to complain after leaving the accommodation.
During the problem solving period, which can last up to 36 days at the most after sending the complaint, the Guest cannot involve any other party, the UHPA arbitration or other institutions, as well as providing any information to the media. Also, during this period, the Guest agrees not to sue the Agency or the service provider. The maximum compensation amount can reach the total price of the inadequate service, and cannot include already provided services or the total amount of the reservation. This excludes the right of the Guest for ideal damage compensation.
The Agency cannot be held responsible for eventual weather conditions, sea temperature at the destinations and all other similar situations or events that can cause the Guest’s dissatisfaction, and are not directly related to the quality of the accommodation units (e.g. bad weather, badly maintained beaches, large crowds, stealing or property damage, etc.).
Cooperation with our partners – subagents
- In cooperation with the subagents, upon their request (inquiry) for the tourist services, Travel Agency will make an offer of free capacity. Further communication between the subagent and the client, the final offer to the client, and the terms and conditions of the reservation of tourist services that the client makes via the subagent are not the responsibility of Tourist Agency Lana.
- All subagents are required to thoroughly review the proposed tourist offer and it is their own responsibility to make the final decision of what to offer the client and what is the best offer for the client’s request.
- In the case of a complaint by a client for the deficiencies of transferred information about the tourist offer, liability and damage lies solely on the subagent, who is bound to transfer all accurate and reliable information that is relevant to the request of the client.
- For all information that is important to confirm the booking, but which is not mentioned in the presentation material and the offer, the Touristic agency Lana will be available to provide all the necessary information.
The Guest and Agency will attempt to settle any possible disputes amicably, and if this is not possible, both accept the jurisdiction of the court of Dubrovnik, while the applicable law will be the one of the Republic of Croatia.
By confirming the reservation and paying the deposit or the total amount, the Guest accepts all of the above listed Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions exclude all previous travel terms and conditions.
Account for payment of booking:
Company: Tourist agency Lana
Company address: Od Maslinate 2, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia
IBAN: HR 8524070001100351100
SWIFT CODE: OTPV HR 2X
Bank: OTP bank Hrvatska
Bank address: Vukovarska 19, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia
People authorized for the establishment:
Owner of company: Damir Tupanjac
Address: Od Maslinate 2, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia